What We Collect
In order for you to create an account on SadaqaToday and use our services, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include:
- information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence) that you provide by completing the forms on SadaqaToday, including if you register as a user of the Services, upload or submit any material through SadaqaToday, or request any information;
- your login and password details, in connection with the account sign-in process;
- details of any requests or transactions you make through the Services;
- information about your activity on and interaction with SadaqaToday, such as your IP address and the type of device or browser.
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem); and
- information that you submit to SadaqaToday in the form of comments and/or contributions.
Data that will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users are:
- any payment information you provide
- your password details
- your IP address
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
We don’t give nor share your personal information to any third-party services, except when it’s necessary to provide SadaqaToday Services (like when we partner with payment processors). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the SadaqaToday services, we require that they protect your personal information to our standards.
We do reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or law enforcement, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect SadaqaToday's legal rights.
What’s Shared Only with Organizations & Collaborators
When you back or support a project, the project’s creator will know your account name, the amount you have pledged. Organizations and collaborators never receive supporters or backers’ credit card details or other payment information.
If a project you have backed or supported is successfully funded, the subjected organization will receive the email address associated with your SadaqaToday account.
Organizations have the option to ask for your information (such as your name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, and country of residence). Only should you choose the information will be able to be shared.
When you create an account, we create a basic profile page for you on SadaqaToday, containing your account name, the date the account was created, and a list of projects you have supported and/or backed or launched. Whenever your account name appears on SadaqaToday (for instance, when you send messages, or back projects), people can click your account name to see your profile. The profile is not searchable on SadaqaToday or via search engines like Google. Here are some of the things that will be publicly viewable on your profile, or elsewhere on SadaqaToday:
- the account name, and the date it was created
- any information you choose to add to your profile (like a picture, bio, or your location)
- projects you've backed (but not pledge amounts)
- projects you've launched
- if you have "Liked" a project update
Please note that each project page may list the SadaqaToday’s users who have supported or backed the project. If you don’t want others to see your name or profile image on a project’s Community tab, choose an account image or name that is not identifiable (e.g., I_Supp0Rt08).
Organizations are also asked to verify their identities before launching a project. Once this has been done, the Organization’s Verified Name will be publicly displayed on their account profile and on any project they launch.
Uses of Your Personal Information
We will use the personal information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the Services;
- send you marketing communications we think you may find useful, but only in accordance with your email preferences;
- present projects to you when you use the Services which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Services;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services;
- analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services; and
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
We take securing your data and preserving your privacy very seriously. We'll never post anything to your Facebook, Twitter, or any other third-party accounts without your authorization. SadaqaTodays’ Project/Cause creators (Organizations) never receive the supporters’ credit card details or other payment information. We do not and will not sell your data.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out of any marketing communications we send.
We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. You will also receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time.
We may send you service-related announcements on the rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.